Monday, August 13, 2007

today at lunchtime, we attended this debate thing at union house where a philosophy lecturer had a public debate with a campus Christian worker on whether theism in general (and Christianity specifically) was mis-guided. I'm not very good with debates or even listening to them, and this was no different. but. it threw up a few points about why and how we know God (or for that matter, a God) exists (or not). ideas like the intelligent design theory and big bang came up and were ping-ponged around. I think it's absolutely important to have a strong foundation in the basis of what you believe, and at the same time, realise that faith will play a big part in what you believe too. recently, I've been thinking of how Christians always use the Bible to prove itself, which I now kinda am getting. well, I'm just gonna have to spend more time in this, which is currently insufficient, to say the least. tomorrow's public lecture is on the topic The success of science - the failure of God? I'll prob drop by if I can, should be interesting!